Humphree Fin Stabilizers are optimised for low water resistance, high efficiency and manufactured in advanced materials with unique characteristics. With the ability to rotate 360° at anchor – anchor walking is no longer a problem. The unique innovative custom-ready fin design will perfectly fit most hulls.
Humphree stabilizing fins brings state of the art technology with fast acting brushless electric servo units. Powered by 24 V DC it gives you possibility to have full comfort without the need of genset running. The new Humphree fin design has its upper edge made solid, another unique Humphree innovation.
The common need to cut the fin to avoid touching the hull is now very easy as no lamination is required. Simply cut the thin solid part of the fin to required shape and it is ready to be installed. It is further possible to reach a better tolerance of the modification compared to the traditional cutting/fiberglass work.
Combining the Humphree fin system with our interceptors and you have a full stabilization system for roll, pitch and yaw motions. For best control and lowest fuel burn.
Humphree Fin Stabilizer Features & Benefits
- Custom-ready design – upper edge made solid, no lamination is required when the fin needs to be cut and rebuilt in order to be fitted without touching the hull when it rotates. Saves time and costly fiberglass work.
- 60° rotation – combats anchor walk
The 360° rotation allows Humphree to rotate the fins 180° and gently pull the anchor when anchored at the bow. This minimise the so called anchor walk and will keep the bow against the wind to a noticeable extent reducing waves coming from the side.
- Flange mount
The unique fin flange mount design minimises the damages in case of grounding and makes installation of fins very easy and fast
- All Speed Stabilization
Full stabilization at anchor and at full speed!
- Integrated Interceptors for total motion control (Pitch & Roll) The combination of Interceptors and fins makes the difference, total motion control.
- Compact Size & low weight
Sturdy and compact with unbeatably low weight. A depth of only 310mm from outside hull. Humphree All Speed Fins can easily be retrofit installed where other options are too big.
- 24V DC – clean operation without hydraulics, and no genset required!
Many waterjet boats experience course keeping problems. This is due to the missing underwater lateral area that helps the vessel to keep its course. An added lateral area is most efficient when installed in the very aft of the hull. Having a wing profile fin gives a corrective force on yaw with minimum resistance.
Humphree has developed a series of fixed fins that can be bolted to the hull. The bolts have been tested and verified to break off and keep the hull intact to limit the damage to the boat in the event of collision or grounding.
Humphree Fixed Fin Features & Benefits
- Sub-cavitating stabilising fins (below 40 knots)
- Several sizes available, HFF400 and HFF650
- Base-ventilated stabilising fins (above 40 knots) HFF500
- Several sizes available, HVFF300 and HVFF500
Would you like to know more?
Please complete our short form below to let us know the details of your enquiry