The dimming of onboard lighting in boats, RVs, caravans and coaches at an affordable price has always been an issue. The SLD Series overcomes this with a feature packed design, not only presenting great value, but ensuring reliability, longevity and safety.
The SLD range of dimmers include single and two channel versions all housed in interVOLT’s unique Mini Series enclosures which are not only stylish but compact, efficient and installer friendly. The single channel range can be paralleled to increase load capability and controlled from a single momentary switch. A selector switch allows the first dimmer to act as the master device with any subsequent dimmer connected as a slave.
Unique to interVOLT, is the self diagnosing electronics. This design provides valuable feedback to installers and operators alike. An LED displays the system status and will indicate standby power, lamp load connected (lights on), over temperature and output short circuit.
interVOLT dimmers feature a host of devices designed to protect the electronics from various connection and application problems. The dimmers are protected against, short circuit, over temperature and an internal fuse protects the electronics in the event of component failure.
All interVOLT dimmers have an integrated device which stores data for various functions including the memory feature. The memory function records the current ‘brightness’ setting when the lights are switched off, so that same ‘brightness’ is resumed when turned on again.
Intervolt 9 – 33VDC Lighting Dimmers SLD Mini Specifications
- Model No. SLD2040DC, SLD2550DC
- Continuous Load Rating @ 30°C (86ºF) 200 Watts @ 13.0VDC or 400 Watts @ 26.0VDC, 250 Watts @ 13.0VDC or500 Watts @ 26.0VDC
- Length Overall 120mm (4.725”), 170mm (6.690”)
- Width Overall 80mm (3.150”), 80mm (3.150”)
- Height Overall 40mm (1.575”), 40mm (1.575”)
- Weight 250 grams (8.80 oz), 350 grams (12.35 oz)
- InputVoltage Range 9 – 33VDC
- Dimming Voltage Range 10– 98% of input voltage
- Standby Current Draw <10mA
- Operator Single pole momentary push switch (normally open). Multiple switches can be used.
- Operating Temperature -25°C to + 45°C
- Operating Humidity Ideally less than 90%
- Enclosure Material Marine grade aluminium dye anodised
- End Cap Material Injection moulded electrical grade ABS/PC plastic
- Terminal Cover Material Extruded temperature resistant ABS
- Diagnostic Indicator Tri-colour LED – monitoring standby mode, load on, short circuit and temperature
- Transient Voltage Protection Filtering – Purpose designed circuit
- Short Circuit Protection Current sensing circuit – Shutdown (automatic reset)
- Over Temperature Protection Temperature sensing circuit – Foldback to 50% of rated load (automatic reset)
- Output Circuit Configuration Common negative wiring (switching positive) for ease of installation
- Termination Power – 6-32 UNC H/D screw terminal. Auxiliary – Euro terminal block
- Master/Slave Selection Use selectable slide switch. Located next to auxiliary terminal
- Conformity EMC – Australian AS2064 and European EN50081-1 / EN50082-1
- Certification EMC – Australian C Tick mark and European CE mark