High Definition Digital Radar means: Exceptional detection of small or distant targets, using advanced digital signal processing. Presents targets better and rejects clutter using 10-bit digital Sensitivity Time Control (STC). Screen-clutter from rough weather is cleared away using sensitivity settings tailored for specific conditions.
- Radar/Chart Overlay – interfaces charts and radar detail in a single, detail-rich display when coupled with an optional
- Clearest Viewing – Automatic Tune, Gain and Sea Clutter adjustments provide “hands off” operation in Harbour and Offshore Modes.
- Smart STC – Digital Sensitivity Time Control curves reject clutter with setting of return strength/distance thresholds.
- Color Recognition – Color palette choices for improved target distinction based on viewing conditions.
- MARPA/Guard Zones – target tracking of up to 10 targets and dual guard zones.
- NS series support MARPA target tracking and dual guard zones with these HD radars.
- HD pulse radars are designed for boaters that go really far from land and want to see the details in weather cells
Simrad 6kW HD Radar Specifications
- Product Height: 432 mm / 17 in
- Product Weight: 24 kg / 52.9 lbs
- Product Width: 344 mm / 13.5 in
- Power Consumption: 120 W (Max)
- Power Supply (Supply Voltage): 10.8 V – 42 V
- Antenna Distance Range [nm]: 64
- Antenna Horizontal Beam Width [deg]: 1.8 °
- Antenna Output Power [kW]: 6
- Antenna Receiver Noise Figure [dB]: 6
- Antenna Rotation Speed: 27